When water damage surfaces the signs of it are often overlooked by a home or business owner. Oncoming water damage appears as stains on the walls or ceilings. One thinks there may not be much of a problem, but the real extent of water damage is below the surface. That is, moisture has been building within the structure affected, such as holes hidden within walls and ceilings. If not dealt with quickly the dampness that first appears can worsen by spreading to other areas of the home or office space, affecting smaller or larger areas of the infrastructure.
At the first signs of water damage a call to a structural drying contractor should be made. At Just Floods we are have certified professionals who can assess the situation, determine the source that is creating the symptoms of water damage, and remedy it.
Structural drying professionals will come out to the home or business, and evaluate how much water damage has been sustained, and the source of the leak, be it a broken pipe, a roof that is leaking, or a malfunctioning water heater. They will use a moisture meter to determine the level of moisture and perform the following steps in order to restore the property to its original condition:
- Tracking the leak to its source and halting it.
- Removing the water-damaged infrastructure that is affected, and completely dry out the affected areas before repairs are made.
The drying process:
- The extraction of standing water with submersible and vacuum pumps.
- The stripping of every moisture-ladened and damaged item.
- The installation of drying machines.
Two methods are used to dry out the affected areas:
- Dehumidification: Dehumidification is the standard technique in which affected areas are sealed off to create dry air that contains below-normal levels of moisture.
- Convection: Convection drying combines the elements of heat and ventilation to speed-dry the affected areas. But the home or workplace’s HVAC system in combination with opened windows can do the job as well.
Our Structural drying technicians dry out affected areas at a high rate, taking care no side effects occur by adhering to the most up-to-date industry standards.
Once the structural drying out is finished, a final report is issued to the home or business owner to verify the results. A certificate of dryness is presented to the customer giving them official assurance the job has been professionally executed.